What will your legacy be?
- Do you want to write about your life and experiences or have you been researching your family history and want to share it with others?
- Do you like reminiscing about the ‘good old days’ or are you the main source of family stories and anecdotes?
- Are you a local history enthusiast who would like to start creating some articles for publication?
- Are you a keen traveller who likes visiting new places and telling people all about it?
- Have you celebrated or experienced a special day or event that you would like to share with family and friends?
These are just some of the reasons why people just like you are inspired to write. If you haven’t checked it out yet already take a look at the video above What will your legacy be? for some more reasons why you should get scribbling. If you want to enjoy the background music, remember to turn on your sound first.
You are not aiming for the best-seller list
Although your stories may not end up being best sellers (they may only be read by family and friends) they are just as important. It is these personal stories that in the future will provide a unique and valuable insight into how we ‘ordinary’ people lived.
The bite-size approach
OK – so at the moment you don’t think you could possibly write a book but as you start to scribble down your stories don’t forget that these bite-size scribbles could be the building blocks for a full-length book.
It’s never too soon to start writing
Perhaps you have been thinking about writing for some time but keep coming up with a whole heap of reasons why it’s not the right time to start. But now is the time to start – so stop making excuses and get scribbling. You won’t regret it.
What has iScribbles got for you?
- Downloadable guides on a range of topics.
- On-line writing courses.
- One-to-one Skype or telephone sessions.
- Individual consultancy/coaching.
- A reviewing and editing service.
- A blog for up-to-date news on writing and other general topics and the opportunity to provide feedback on any of the content we publish.
- Recommendations for books, software and other stuff that will help you with your writing.
- A collection of short videos.
How can we help?
We want to help you to take your first steps as a writer so click here to find out what else we can do to help you. If you sign up to our mailing list to get your free copy of Memory Jogging Tips you’ll also receive our monthly newsletters – these provide ongoing support and encouragement to help you grow and develop as a writer.
Staring at a blank sheet of paper or at an empty computer screen is daunting and for new and inexperienced writers this can be one of the biggest hurdles to overcome. But don’t worry you are in good company. Many professional writers have days when they don’t feel inspired or motivated but that doesn’t stop […]
Even if you think you have a clear idea of what you want to write about do you sometimes find it really hard to get going? Well there is a remedy for this condition and it involves scribbling down absolutely anything that comes into your head – it’s called freewriting. Freewriting is a great exercise […]